Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mr. Obama - You Can't Hide Your Lion Thighs*

Kilt Complex

"Calls have been made for Barack Obama to mark his inauguration as US president by creating his own tartan.
The move would be the ideal way to celebrate Mr Obama's Scottish ancestry and boost tourism, according to the Scottish Conservative Party.
Mr Obama can be traced to William the Lion, who ruled Scotland from 1165 to 1214, genealogists believe
.
The Scottish Conservatives have written to Mr Obama about the tartan, which the party said could boost tartan exports amid the economic downturn."

*I really, really wish I had made this up, but didn't.

3 Comments:

Blogger Devin said...

Hehe:-) Just the title of this post made me want to read it! This info is new to me-best to you and the Mrs and all who comment here!

21/1/09 5:26 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

well i don't know which is more pathetically sad. the idea itself or the complete tarnishing of an otherwise wonderful classic (speaking of the song--not the clothing). :)

21/1/09 5:46 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Harrumph, neener, well turned phrases delight me and make me mad that I didn't think of them myself! Plus wouldn't Obama in a kilt cause heart failure in the mouthbreather community?

21/1/09 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.