Thursday, February 28, 2008

U.S. Terror Watch List To Have Over A Million Names This July

U.S. Terror Watch List Surpasses 900,000 Names, ACLU Estimates

"The government's centralized terrorist watch list passed the 900,000 name mark this month, according to the ACLU, which estimated the new total by relying on Congressional testimony from the fall that the sprawling list was growing by 20,000 names a month.
(...)
Agencies use the watch list to check persons seeking visas, traveler entering or leaving the country, domestic airline passengers and persons stopped by state, local or federal law enforcement.
(...)
Persons on the list are coded with varying suspected threat levels, so simply being on the watch list doesn't mean one will be arrested when say a person on the list pulled over for speeding. In fact, being on list isn't even enough to ensure that a person is denied a visa or entry into the country, according to the report."

No, but that isn't the purpose of these lists. Having huge databases of names isn't going to protect any of us but will give the fascists a very good understanding of who opposes their takeover of this country. You can bet the farm that this bloated list carries the names of ordinary americans who say, mention in a blog that 9/11 was an inside job, or happen to write a book called Bush's Brain. At the least you'll be detained and grilled, and will probably miss flights at the airport, like this marine who had gunpowder on his boots after returning from Iraq.

After the next false flag act, what they'll do with their lists we'll leave up to the imagination.

3 Comments:

Blogger spooked said...

I fear the terror list is even more random than we suspect, as I in theory should be on it based on years of talking about 9/11 being an inside job, yet I have had no problem going through security at the airport over the past year, and I fly regularly.

28/2/08 5:54 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Thanks for that, spooked, as I've been wondering about my status with the thugs. I haven't flown in 25 years, my attitude towards the criminals has been less than exculpatory and I have very sick relatives across country. Not a promising recipe for a happy meal.

I wish we could just call
1 800 ASK FASCIST to see if we'll miss flights.

28/2/08 6:45 PM  
Blogger spooked said...

actually, I bet the terror list is mostly people with a muslim name.

I wouldn't worry about flying, if I were you-- though the whole flying experience pretty much sucks. I only do it cause I have to.

29/2/08 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.